M.M.Sc., P.T., A.P.T.
Children's Medical Office Building
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy:
Russell Sage College,
M.M.Sc. in Physical Therapy with clinical specialization in pediatrics:
Post-graduate Fellowship at the Child Development Center:
Certified Assistive Technology Professional-ATP
Roles and Responsibilities
- Run the Seating and Mobility Clinic and evaluate all the custom seating and mobility needs for children throughout the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta system.
- Physical Therapist for 34 years, all in the area of pediatrics.
- Clinical experience includes acute care, rehabilitation, outpatient therapy, NICU and school therapy
- In 1999 assumed responsibility for the Seating and Mobility Clinic at Children’s, a program which now is the largest pediatric seating and mobility clinic in Georgia and evaluates upwards of 430 children a year and still growing.
- May 2006, awarded Dudley Moore Research grant for project: “A community based power wheelchair training program, in combination with a power mobility screening tool, to predict successful power mobility use for disabled preschool age children”. Principal Investigator.
- March 2010 presented paper on preliminary results of power mobility research project to the 26th International Seating Symposium in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- March 2011 presented paper on neuromuscular spinal deformities in Children and the challenges of custom molded seating, to the 27th International Seating Symposium in Nashville, TN.