Updated Jan. 7, 2023
To avoid overcrowding, we are limiting visitors to two parents or caregivers in our Emergency Rooms, Urgent Care Centers, the Emory Children’s Center and some services in our hospitals.LEARN MORE
We will be offering holiday hours at select Urgent Care Center locations on Christmas Day and New Years Day. Visit the link below to find an Urgent Care Center near you or to check hours and wait times.Learn More
No non-emergent testing
COVID-19 testing is not being offered in the Emergency Departments or Urgent Care locations for patients who do not have symptoms.Testing Sites
When injuries and illnesses happen, it’s important to know where to take your child.
When your child has a minor injury or illness and your family’s pediatrician is not available, our Urgent Care Centers are here for you, especially on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Our Emergency Departments are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, when your child has a serious or life-threatening condition.
In case of an urgent concern or emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department right away.
To help you decide if your child needs urgent care or emergency services, use the chart below.
- Find your child’s condition in the list on the right.
- On the same line, find the ✘ in one of the columns to the right of the condition. The ✘ will show you if you should take your child to our Urgent Care Center or Emergency Department.
|Conditions*||Urgent Care Center||Emergency Department|
|Allergic reactions (no breathing problems)||✘|
|Asthma attack (mild wheezing)||✘|
|Asthma attack (trouble breathing after treatment)||✘|
|Broken Bone (bone not coming out of the skin)||✘|
|Broken Bone (bone coming out of skin)||✘|
|Burn (serious, including burn to eye, electrical or acid burns, infection or blister)||✘|
|Cut (minor, but need stitches)||✘|
|Cut (bleeding will not stop)||✘|
|Fever (child is older than 2 months)||✘|
|Fever (child is younger than 2 months)||✘|
|Head inury (no loss of consciousness)||✘|
|Head injury (loss of consciousness)||✘|
|Pneumonia (no breathing problems||✘|
|Pneumonia (trouble breathing)||✘|
|Swallowed object (no problems swallowing)||✘|
|Swallowed object (trouble swallowing)||✘|
|Uncomfortable or Painful Rash||✘|
|Urinary tract infection||✘|
At our pediatric Urgent Care Centers, no appointment is necessary, and walk-ins are welcome. We’re open seven days a week, including evenings and holidays.
- Monday-Friday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Holidays: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Holidays include New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
We offer holiday hours at the following Urgent Care Centers:
- Children’s at Chamblee-Brookhaven
- Children’s at Forsyth
- Children’s at Hudson Bridge
- Children’s at Satellite Boulevard
- Children’s at Town Center
Hours may be affected by unanticipated circumstances. Check this webpage for real-time updates.
Due to high volumes, our Urgent Care Centers are allowing one visitor to avoid overcrowding in our waiting rooms.
Children are not small adults. Unlike most urgent care centers and retail clinics, our pediatric Urgent Care Centers have doctors and nurses who are specially trained to diagnose and treat your growing child or teen. Our doctors can communicate directly with your child’s doctor, informing him or her of any test results or procedures that were performed so the doctor can update your child’s medical records and provide follow-up care, if needed.
Our pediatric Urgent Care Centers offer:
- A pediatrician on staff
- Staff specially trained to diagnose and treat children from birth to 18 years old
- Walk-in hours seven days a week, including evenings and holidays
- Lab and X-ray services to quickly diagnose your child’s minor illnesses and injuries with up to 50 percent less radiation than some adult facilities
- Fracture care for growing bones, with access to pediatric orthopedic specialists
- Access to the Children’s network of doctors and pediatric specialists
- Electronic submission of prescriptions to your pharmacy
Urgent care locations
Children’s at Chamblee-Brookhaven
5080 Peachtree Blvd., Suite 100
Chamblee, GA 30341
Children’s at Cherokee
1558 Riverstone Parkway, Suite 100
Canton, GA 30114
Children’s at Forsyth
The Collection at Forsyth
410 Peachtree Parkway, Suite 300
Cumming, GA 30041-7407
Children’s at Hamilton Creek
2240 Hamilton Creek Parkway, Suite 600
Dacula, GA 30019
Children’s at Hudson Bridge
1510 Hudson Bridge Road
Stockbridge, GA 30281-5020
Children’s at North Point
3795 Mansell Road
Alpharetta, GA 30022-8247
Children’s at Satellite Boulevard
2660 Satellite Blvd.
Duluth, GA 30096-5803
Children’s at Town Center
625 Big Shanty Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144-6812