Our program combines the latest proven technology and research with a caring, child-friendly approach, making Children’s a top choice for treatment of neurological conditions.
We serve young patients from all over Georgia, the U.S. and the world.
Our staff offers counseling to families and children who have experienced post traumatic effects from injury and/or chronic illness. This includes the adjustment to loss during the grieving process. A particular focus on coping strategies is provided in order to insure positive outcomes and healthy development. Play therapy as well as individual counseling is provided in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
In addition, we offer family-centered care and support throughout our facilities—age appropriate play, toys and psychosocial support are available for the entire family.
We invite families to attend camps that give children the opportunity to have fun, meet others with similar conditions and build confidence.
- Camp Carpe Diem: An overnight camp for children with medically controlled epilepsy and other seizure disorders.
- Camp Krazy Legs: An overnight camp for children and teens with spina bifida.
- U.S.News & World Report ranks us among the top pediatric neurosciences programs in the country.
- The National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) recognizes us as a Level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level of medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
- Our EEG lab is accredited by the EEG Laboratory Accreditation Board of ABRET (LAB-EEG), which means we perform EEG test to the highest standards. We are the second hospital in Georgia and the 11th pediatric hospital in the country to achieve accreditation.
Learn more about the National Association of Epilepsy Centers
Learn more about the EEG Laboratory Accreditation Board of ABRET