Our services include:
Egleston hospital: Neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), medical and surgical NICU, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
Scottish Rite hospital: Medical and surgical NICU
Transport services: Our fleet of ambulances and helicopters are specially equipped as mobile intensive care units with the same quality of equipment found in the Children's neonatal and/or pediatric Intensive Care Units (ICUs). They are staffed by critical care professionals trained to stabilize patients on the way to the hospital.
Referrals: 24-hour telephone consultations are offered by medical and ancillary staff.
Neonatal ECMO: Extracorporeal life support is available to treat critically ill neonates. Children’s has achieved the Excellence in Life Support Award from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization, which designates us as an ECMO Center of Excellence at the platinum level every year since the award's inception in 2007.
Fetal Care Center: This center serves expectant mothers across the region whose babies have been diagnosed in utero with congenital defects or abnormalities. Our team of physicians specializes in general and cardiothoracic surgery, neonatology, otolaryngology (ENT), urology, neurosurgery and cardiology to care for your newborn.
- State-of-the-art life monitoring technologies and life support
- Access to more than 400 specialists in more than 30 pediatric specialties
- Specially designed nurseries for newborn care
- Commitment to meeting the needs of entire family
- Interdisciplinary team members caring for newborns and their families include:
- Advanced practice nurses
- Child life specialists
- Developmental clinic
- Lactation consultants
- Neonatal outreach resources
- Neonatal respiratory care professionals
- Board-certified neonatologists
- Occupational therapists
- Pastoral care providers
- Physical therapists
- Specialized nursing staff
- Speech-language pathologists
- Social workers
- Neonatal transport team