Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta offers MYchart, a secure, online tool designed to help your patient families streamline their child’s healthcare. Patient families can access this tool for free through any computer or mobile device. With MYchart, your patient families can securely connect with their child’s healthcare team and access much of their child’s Epic medical record 24 hours a day.
Patient families who register for MYchart have access to the following:
- Test results: Outpatient lab and imaging results, along with some inpatient results, are available in MYchart. Patients and guardians will receive an email notification when their results are available in MYchart. They are instructed to contact the physician who ordered the test with any questions. Children’s providers can opt to release results early, including:
- Lab: Results are released immediately upon finalization.
- X-ray: Results are released within one business day.
- Other radiology (CT scan, MRI): Results are released within five business days.
Sensitive diagnosis results, such as a sexually transmitted infection, pregnancy, genetic testing or suspected abuse, are not posted in MYchart.
- Medical records: MYchart provides access to a patient’s partial medical record. For example, patients and guardians can view after-visit summaries, medicines, allergies and more. You can manually share selected note types with your patients. Patients and guardians can also request full legal medical records through MYchart. View step-by-step instructions.
- Secure messaging to ambulatory providers: All secure messages go to a pool in the Epic in-basket designed by your practice. Emails will not go to your personal email inbox. You have two business days to respond to messages. Patients are not able to contact hospitalists or Emergency Department physicians through MYchart. Rather, they are directed to follow up with their primary care physician.
- Online bill pay: Patients and guardians can view and pay bills online.
- Appointment management: Patient families can view upcoming and past medical appointments.
- Online scheduling: This feature is available for participating practices only.
- Online appointment check-in: Patients and guardians can check in and complete any forms online prior to their child’s appointment.
- Prescription refills: Patients and guardians can send a refill request for any refillable medications.
Participating practices at Children’s
MYchart is primarily used by our patients to manage their outpatient care in the following practices:
- Children’s Physician Group primary and specialty clinics
- Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
- Marcus Autism Center
If you have questions about clinic participation and the use of MYchart in the care of your patients, contact your practice manager or business operations coordinator.
MYchart Support for Healthcare Professionals
Online resources and web-based training for physicians, nurses, patient access staff and other practitioners are available on Careforce Connection, the Children’s intranet. Resources include a features overview, marketing information and tip sheets. Note: Tip sheets and training are only accessible while on the Children’s network.
Practices can call the Solution Center at Children’s at 404-785-6767 for technical assistance related to MYchart operations. Patients and families in need of technical support should be directed to call 404-785-7844.