The VolunTEEN program is for high school students ages 15 to 18 who are looking for a rewarding way to spend a portion of their summer. VolunTEENs will spend their days bringing smiles and laughter to the halls of the hospital. From the front desks to the patient units, VolunTEENs will craft, play games and most importantly leave a lasting impression on our patients and families.
The program spans eight weeks during June and July. Interested teens must be able to commit to volunteer at least one day a week for five hours, missing no more than two days of the summer commitment.
You must be 15 by June 1 to be eligible for this program.
- Application opens: Feb 5, 2020
- Application deadline: Feb 12, 2020
- Training dates:
- Egleston - May 27, 2020 at 2 p.m.
- Hughes Spalding May 27, 2020 at 2 p.m.
- Scottish Rite - May 28, 2020 at 2 p.m.
- Program dates/times: June 1, 2020 to July 24, 2020
Please note: All applications are reviewed for content rather than on a first-come, first-serve basis. All applicants will be notified individually of their status. You may only apply to one of our hospital locations.
How to apply for VolunTEENs
Thank you for your interest, applications are now closed.
1. Complete the online application for one of our hospital locations below. Applications for the 2020 program will be available beginning February 5 and close on February 12.
- Egleston hospital
- Hughes Spalding hospital
- Scottish Rite hospital
2. Mail the following documents:
- Completed VolunTEEN packet
- One counselor/teacher recommendation (in a signed and sealed envelope)
- Immunization records that include: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (two immunization dates); Varicella/Chicken Pox (two immunization dates or titer results proving immunity); and Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) vaccination proof from year 2006-present
- Color copy of your photo ID (driver's license, school ID, passport etc.)