Whether your child needs continued care while recovering from an injury, illness or congenital condition, or his pediatrician has identified a condition that is keeping him from reaching developmental milestones, the Outpatient Rehabilitation Program team at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is specially trained to assess your child’s abilities and create a unique treatment plan.
Why choose Children’s
Our rehabilitation team is experienced and equipped to meet the needs of growing and developing patients with a wide array of conditions, including:
- Balance and coordination deficits
- Development delays
- Equipment and seating needs
- Gait disorders
- Hearing loss
- Movement disorders
- Musculoskeletal, neuromuscular conditions and orthopedic conditions
- Torticollis and plagiocephaly
- Voice and reading disorders
Our program’s therapists and clinicians also help make sure patients receive quality care in several ways:
- The staff—including audiologists, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and other professionals—helps patients regain and improve their independence by creating individualized therapy plans.
- We involve each patient’s family in therapy so rehabilitation can continue at home, allowing patients to relearn skills and recover more quickly.
- Therapists from different locations across Children’s share progress and information to be sure the best possible care is given to all patients.
- We offer several pediatric specialty programs and services that help patients build function and independence, including:
- Voice disorders therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Hand and upper extremity therapy
Children’s uses Episodes of Care, a specialized approach to developing individualized treatment plans for patients. This helps therapists identify the goals and level of intensity appropriate for a patient’s rehabilitation care. Episodes of Care consists of four treatments paths:
- Intensive therapy: frequent visits for a limited amount of time (three or more a week)
- Weekly therapy: regular visits for a limited amount of time (one or two a week)
- Periodic therapy: one or two visits each month
- Consultative therapy: visits scheduled when needed
With a team of specialists dedicated to working with and treating children—birth to age 21—we are experts at providing comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation care. Our specialized programs and therapies include: