Due to our large size, the Aflac Cancer Center is able to dedicate teams of doctors and other healthcare professionals to each of the major types of solid tumors. By having specialized solid tumor programs, we make sure every child is cared for by a team that is solely focused on his disease. Our solid tumor programs include:
- Bone and soft tissue sarcoma: We are one of the largest pediatric programs in the country
- Germ cell tumor: Led by a internationally recognized experts in pediatric germ cell tumors, we are experienced in treating children with all types of germ cell tumors
- Liver tumor: We are home to one of the only pediatric liver tumor programs in the Southeast with a coordinated team of pediatric specialists dedicated to the care of children with liver tumors.
- Neuroblastoma: We are home to one of the only pediatric programs in the country to offer MIBG therapy and other innovative option for children battling high-risk, recurrent or difficult-to-treat neuroblastoma.
- Rare tumor: We have a dedicated team who specializes in treating rare tumors, including adult cancers that can sometimes be found in children and young adults.
- Retinoblastoma: We offer nationally recognized expertise in pediatric oncology and ophthalmology for children and young adults with retinoblastoma.
- Wilms/kidney tumor: Our pediatric oncology, surgery and urology specialists offer specialized care for children with Wilms tumor and other types of kidney tumors.
Our team is committed to advancing research and medicine by developing new techniques, treatment and cures for children and young adults with solid tumors. We are home to one of the largest clinical trial programs in the country—offering our patients access to some of the most novel treatment options in the country.
Learn more about our research efforts