Training Opportunities at Children's
As a physician, it takes a lot of effort to stay abreast of the latest research, techniques and technologies in your field. At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, we strive to support you by offering a variety of pediatric continuing medical education (CME) opportunities, including conferences, workshops and web-based programs. You will find a variety of CME opportunities offered at each of our main campuses and other locations throughout the Atlanta area.
Below are a few of our regular offerings. View our calendar of events for a complete listing.
Children’s offers a wide variety of in-person and online conferences for continuing educational opportunities for medical professionals.
Grand Rounds are hospital-based roundtables and conferences that are held regularly at each of the main hospital campuses. Primary care providers, nurses, physician assistants and other health professionals are invited to attend. Note, Grand Rounds are currently being held virtually due to COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Egleston Hospital: Held every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Scottish Rite Hospital: Held the first and fourth Tuesday of every month from noon to 1 p.m.
- Marcus Autism Center: Held the second and fourth Friday of every month from noon to 1 p.m.
- Cancer survivorship: Access several modules that delve into different issues faced by cancer survivors. You will read the modules and take online exams to earn CME credit.
- Human trafficking training series: The goal of this web-based series is to educate participants about sex trafficking of children and teens. It is presented by the Governor’s Office for Children and Families and the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Stephanie V. Blank Center for Safe and Healthy Children.
- Strong4Life provider training: Children’s developed the Strong4Life Provider Training Program to help providers initiate conversations about healthy habits and obesity prevention and to educate parents while their children are very young. Our training programs offer evidence-based, actionable information about motivational interviewing techniques, goal setting, BMI tracking and childhood obesity management protocols.
Advanced Practice Provider Education
Children’s offers continuing educational opportunities for advanced practice providers.
Children’s offers continuing educational opportunities for nurses.
Therapy and Rehabilitation Education
Children’s offers a variety of events for rehabilitation professionals, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, audiologists, athletic trainers and more. All events offer continuing education credits for licensure in the state of Georgia.
Contact Ashley Euler, Manager of Physician Education, at 404-785-7842 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question or you are seeking additional information.
Through Project ECHO, participants become part of a learning community in which they receive mentoring and feedback from specialists as they manage complex patient cases.