Children’s accepts brand new toys for patients and families. Please have your donation pre-approved to make sure you are meeting the location's most urgent needs. Contact the appropriate Coordinator for specific guidelines, and to coordinate a delivery day and time.
We ask that you follow these guidelines when making a donation to help make sure safety and infection prevention measures are in place:
- All toys must be brand new (purchased within 30 days of being donated) and unwrapped. We are unable to accept used items.
- Please no heavy boxes or loose donations, and keep all items in plastic bins, boxes or bags.
- All donors must complete a donation acknowledgement form.
- If you are donating multiples of the same item, please keep all like items together.
- Items we are unable to receive:
- Used items
- Greeting or handmade cards for patients: send a Smilegram, instead!
- Items containing latex
- Glitter of any form: glitter glue, glitter stickers, glitter paper, nail polish, etc.
- Youth transportation: bikes, razor scooters, tricycles, big wheels, etc.
- Oversized items: large stuffed animals, large play sets, large toys, etc.
- Religious items
- "Get Well" items
- Medical equipment and supplies
- DVDs rated above PG-13
- Spark or friction producing toys
- Toys promoting violence
- Toys that can break and leave sharp edges
- Toys with numerous small parts that require close supervision
Note: For the health and safety of patients and hospital visitors, individuals and groups are not permitted to pass out donations directly to patients and families.
- Teen and adult size clothing.
- Art supplies: Markers (packs of 10), Colored Pencils (packs of 12), Crayons (packs of 24 or less).
- Individual cans of Play-Doh.
For more information about donations and to have your donation pre-approved, please contact:
Families Caring for Families
We understand that time spent in one of our facilities can be some of the most trying for our families. Our hope is that your experience has inspired you show your gratitude and pay it forward; helping ensure the next child who comes through our doors has the same opportunity to receive specialized care.Learn More
How do I purchase a Hope and Will license plate?
Did you know you can support Children’s just while driving around town? Through the Motor Vehicle Division of the Georgia Department of Revenue, you can purchase a license plate featuring Hope and Will. Children’s receives $10 for each plate sold.LEARN MORE
The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Wish List was created by our staff and includes toys, supplies and other equipment to help make sure our patients and families are more comfortable during a hospital visit or stay. The Wish List, which is a tax-deductible donation, also helps continue our commitment to provide a friendly, cheerful and healing environment for our patients.