Our on-site telemedicine is an easy-to-use service that offers patients and providers remote consultations, evaluations and training using live video. Uses a high-speed telecommunications system, advanced technology and specialized medical cameras to securely connect patients and their caregivers to specialists. The visit is facilitated by a trained clinical professional to provide a comprehensive exam.
How on-site telemedicine works
- Your family doctor will refer your child to see a specialist at Children’s through telemedicine.
- The appointment will take place at a telemedicine site near your home.
- A medical professional will be with you and your child at the telemedicine site during the visit.
- You will see and hear the Children’s doctor through the camera and computer screen in your exam room.
- The Children’s doctor will see and hear you and your child through a large computer screen at a Children’s location in Atlanta.
- The camera and equipment in the exam room include:
- A stethoscope to listen to your child’s heart, lungs or stomach
- An otoscope to examine your child’s ears, nose and mouth
- The Children’s doctor will talk to you and your child about the results of the exam.
- Your family doctor will get a copy of the results.
Children’s will help you make a follow-up appointment, if needed.
Call 404-785-KIDS (5437) for more information.
Telemedicine consent form (en Español)