Your child's heart is precious and requires specialized pediatric care. That's why where you take them matters. As the largest cardiac program in the Southeast and one of the top five largest pediatric heart centers in the nation, the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Heart Center provides exceptional treatment to infants, children and teenagers who have complex heart defects.
We are among the top five pediatric cardiac programs performing the most heart transplants in the country, with higher one-year and three-year survival rates than the national average. The number of patients we see and the excellent outcomes we have means that our doctors have experience treating many different heart problems within a wide range of patient ages. So, whether you're looking for care for your newborn or your high school senior, our committed team of specialists, advanced technology and compassionate family support services makes our Heart Center the right place to take your child's heart.
Our team includes:
- Pediatric cardiologists
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists
- Cardiac researchers
- Advanced practice providers
- Cardiac nurses
- Family support professionals
Our facilities include:
- 27 beds in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), one of the largest dedicated CICUs in the U.S.
- 31-bed, fully equipped Cardiac Step Down Unit
- Three dedicated cardiac bi-plane catheterization laboratories
- 10-bed catheterization laboratory recovery area
- Cardiac operating room suites near the CICU