For your child’s heart, you will go to any length for specialized, high-quality care. In the Atlanta area, you do not have to go far. Children’s is home to one of the top pediatric cardiac programs in the country, thanks to our committed team of specialists, advanced technology and compassionate family support.
We’ve been ranked in the top 10 for pediatric heart care and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report for seven years in a row.
Comprehensive cardiac care
Our team cares for thousands of children each year through our inpatient services at the Children’s Sibley Heart Center and at Sibley Heart Center Cardiology locations across Georgia. Our facilities include:
- 27 total beds in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), one of the largest dedicated CICUs in the U.S.
- 27-bed fully equipped Cardiac Step-down Unit
- Three dedicated cardiac bi-plane catheterization labs
- 10-bed catheterization lab recovery area
- Cardiac operating room suites near the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- 22 outpatient cardiology locations across the state
Pediatric heart testing
At Children’s, we use the latest proven technology and testing methods to help diagnose heart patients so they can begin the treatments they need.
- Blood tests
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electrophysiologic study (EPS)
- Genetic testing
- Heart cathetherization
- Holter and event monitoring
- Pulse oximetry screening
- Physical examination
- Stress testing
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Specialty programs and clinics
Our team of pediatric heart experts collaborates with other specialists to ensure that your child is receiving the best possible care. We work with you through every step, often from before your child is born to adulthood, so you know what to expect and how to take the best care of your child.