Prerequisites for Fellowship
In order to be considered, the applicant must have completed an accredited three-year pediatric residency by the beginning of the fellowship program. Fellowship applicants must be board certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) or must be eligible to sit for the ABP general pediatric examination during the first year of fellowship training.
We accept applications until December 31.
All documents below must be submitted through the ERAS system.
- Online application through ERAS
- Personal statement - 1 page only
- Why do you want to specialize in pediatric cardiology?
- What past experiences have given you this motivation?
- What are your career plans/goals?
- Letters of recommendation - no more than 4 - including the Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Evaluation form (found in ERAS). The Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Evaluation form must be submitted through ERAS with your Letter of Recommendation. We appreciate letters from faculty members who know you well and can speak to the qualities that will make you a good fellow, such as:
- A member of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at your residency training institution
- Residency Program Director or Department Chair
- A professional of your choosing
- Research mentor (if applicable)
- Dean's letter and evaluation
- Medical School transcript
- Copies of USMLE scores or COMLEX scores
Application Timeline and Selection Procedure
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for the selection of first-year fellows. Applicants apply directly to the department and register with the NRMP. Our program code is: 1113325F0.
July 1 - Applicants begin to apply to program.
Nov. 15 - MyERAS opens to applicants.
Dec. 1 - Program begins to download applications.
Dec. 31 - Deadline for completed applications. Incomplete applications after this date will not be considered.
Late Jan. - Invitations to interview sent out. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to interview all who apply.
Feb. to April - Interviews of selected applicants
May - Fellowship Selection Committee ranks applicants on personal interviews, basis of prior performance, letters of recommendations and academic promise. The committee will meet at the end of the interview process to review the interviewed applicants and prepare the rank order list for the NRMP.
June - NRMP Match
Shelley M. Ash Coordinator, Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
1405 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322-1060