Sports performance training is targeted, often sport-specific fitness training that aims to improve functional movement, decrease risk of injury, and build strength and power. At Children’s Sports Performance, our sports performance specialists create evidence-based, customized sports performance programs for growing athletes. Our holistic approach to sports performance training is guided by EXOS’ four pillars of human performance:
- Mindset: Achieving a state of mind that allows you to perform at your best
- Nutrition: Learning how to fuel your body and brain for maximum performance
- Movement: Improving performance by moving your body more efficiently
- Recovery: Allowing the body and mind to repair, recharge and upgrade during rest
Athletes are grouped with age, level, sports and goals in mind. We help:
- Older elementary and middle school athletes (8 to 14 years old) focus on establishing a foundation of skills and efficient, healthy sports movements. In youth athletes, we help athletes build physical literacy—the ability, confidence and desire to be physically active for life—and teaches kids how to become well-rounded athletes. Each class includes a dynamic warmup, body weight strength training fundamentals, and a competitive, fun circuit, as well as mobility and recovery techniques. This class will teach young athletes how to perform common and fundamental athletic movements with proper technique to reduce the risk of injury. It will also help to develop proper mechanics, balance, flexibility and strength.
- High school athletes work to improve performance as they strive to compete at a higher level. Each class includes a dynamic warmup, movement skills, explosive power training and strength training, as well as mobility and recovery techniques. The goal is to achieve increased levels of movement efficiency, strength, power and endurance while decreasing injury potential.
Our programs for youth and high school athletes consist of 60-minute sports performance training sessions offered six days a week and include:
- Pre- and post-performance evaluation
- Functional movement screen
- EXOS Performance Quotient four-pillar evaluation
- Courses on sports performance nutrition
- Take-home materials
Small-group training sessions
Athletes train with EXOS sports performance specialists in a small-group setting, incorporating all the components of fitness. Our coaches help customize workouts based on each athlete’s sport and ability.
See the Children's Sports Performance training session schedule for youth and high school athletes
Team training sessions
Our sports performance specialists can also help train school and club teams at your facility or ours. If you are interested in a team sports training program, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.