In conjunction with Emory University School of Medicine, the Aflac Cancer Center is dedicated to finding the most effective treatments and cures for children with cancer and blood disorders. Search our clinical trial database for a list of our current trials.
- We are home to one of the largest pediatric clinical trials programs in the country—we offer our patients access to approixmately 250 clinical trials, including some of the most novel treatment options in the country
- Our physicians are widely regarded in national clinical trials and collaborative studies of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG), the National Cancer Institute, the National Institutes of Health and the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium—among others.
- 100 percent of our hematologists/oncologists are researchers—as a result, every child is evaluated for clinical trial participation
- We are one of only 3 centers in the Southeast that is a member of the COG Phase I Consortium
- We were the recipient of a $1 million EUREKA grant—allowing researchers and engineers to investigate a novel bioengineering solution aimed at pediatric brain tumors