Our pediatric surgeons are experienced in caring for the wide variety of medical issues children may have, from hernias to appendicitis. We work with pediatric specialists across the Children’s system any time a child needs surgery to provide comprehensive, safe, child-friendly care for infants to young adults.
Illnesses, conditions and injuries treated include:
A variety of clinics and programs
Our general surgeons also participate in the following multispecialty clinics and programs:
- Aerodigestive Center: Provides evaluations and treatment for children with disorders involving the upper digestive tract, airway and respiratory systems.
- Diaphragm Pacing Program: Our team provides the diaphragm pacing system for children with congenital central hypoventilation syndrome (CCHS). This unique treatment helps improve a child's breathing, possibly eliminating the need of a traditional ventilator either part-time or full-time.
- Pelvic and Anorectal Care Program: Provides care for children with diseases that lead to constipation, soiling, poor motility and pain.
- Strong4Life Clinic: Staffed by a team of doctors, nutritionists, psychologists and exercise physiologists who work with children and families to treat or prevent obesity. The clinic promotes an active lifestyle, healthy eating and other preventive measures, and also offers a surgical weight loss program.
- Vascular Anomalies Clinic: One of the only centers in the country to offer specialized, coordinated care for children with vascular anomalies.
- Fetal Care Center: Collaborates with obstetricians and perinatologists to assist women and families experiencing high-risk pregnancies in developing a comprehensive care plan, from evaluation and diagnosis to postnatal surgical intervention and care.