Visitors are welcome at Children’s. If your question is not answered below, please call our operator at 404-785-KIDS (5437).
- Parents and guardians: 24 hours a day, every day (unless a doctor of nurse says otherwise).
- All other visitors: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., every day.
- Intensive Care Units (ICU): Same as above, but special instructions apply. Ask staff about complete ICU visiting policies.
To maintain the health and safety of our patients, families and visitors, we ask anyone age 18 and older who is entering our hospitals to show a valid photo ID at our security check-in desks. We will be screening all visitors against a variety of sources, including public registries. Acceptable forms of identification include government issued driver’s licenses, state-issued IDs, and passports. After checking in with security, visitors will receive a visitor pass that should be worn at all times while in the hospital.
Every child’s health is important to us. Before visiting our hospital locations, we ask all visitors to conduct an initial screen of the following questions.
In the past 48 hours, has anyone had any of the following symptoms?
- Significant respiratory symptoms (runny nose, cough, sneezing, etc.)
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Fever and rash
- Conjunctivitis/pink eye
If you have any of the above symptoms, for the safety of our patients, please do not visit until the symptoms have resolved for at least 24 hours.
In the past month, has anyone been exposed (or possibly exposed) to any of the following contagious illnesses?
- Chicken pox
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
If think you that may have been exposed to any of the above contagious illnesses, check with your doctor before visiting.
If you do not meet the above criteria and do plan to visit one of our hospital locations, please always wash your hands prior to coming in contact with a hospitalized patient.
Egleston hospital: The security check-in desk is located in the front lobby across from the information desk, just outside of the gift shop.
Scottish Rite hospital: The security check in desk is located in the front lobby.
After visiting hours
Visitors who want to stay after normal visiting hours must:
- Get permission from a parent or guardian and a nurse.
- Sign in at the information desk when the end of visiting hours is announced.
- Show a picture ID to get a visitor’s sticker.
- Wear the sticker in a visible place at all times.
Healthy children of any age, including siblings and friends of the patient, are welcome to visit Children’s, except during flu season. They:
- Must be with an adult family member at all times if they are younger than 14 years old.
- May use the activity centers—such as libraries and gardens—although play rooms on the units are restricted to patients.
- May attend any special activities with patients.
- Must be 12 years or older, and free of fever or viral symptoms, to visit during respiratory-illness season (fall and winter). Since flu season varies from year to year, please call the operator at 404-785-KIDS (5437) for more information about when these restrictions are in effect for young visitors.
To support a healing environment, smoking and the use of all tobacco products is not permitted at Children’s. This pertains to all indoor and outdoor areas of our campuses.