Join us for our 20th annual Kids at Heart Parenting Your Heart Child Conference. The conference will offer breakout sessions for parents, caregivers and healthcare providers who care for children or teenagers affected by heart defects.
This year's topics will include:
- Pediatric heart transplant: when, why and how
- Emotional support for families and children dealing with chronic illness
- Estate planning: what everyone needs to know and planning for the costs of higher education
- New CHD research and outcomes
- Adult CHD panel
- CHD and mental health
- Talking to your heart child and their siblings about their hearts
- Advice and life-long considerations for parents of children with CHD
- Helping heart warriors be limitless when they are physically limited: finding purpose
Additionally, parents will have the opportunity to schedule one-on-one time with our school teacher to ask questions about 504 plans and individualized education plans (IEP).