Join us for our 18th annual Kids at Heart Parenting Your Heart Child Conference. The conference will offer breakout sessions for parents, caregivers and healthcare providers who care for children or teenagers affected by heart defects.
This year's topics will include:
- Exercise in Children with CHD: Restrictions, Prescriptions and Controversies
- The Wear and Tear on Those Who Care: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Increase Caregiver Resilience and Reduce Effects of Anxiety
- Translating Current Research about Children with CHD: Real Life Implications and Practical Strategies
- Wills and Trusts for Families Raising Children with Special Needs
- The Children's Heart Foundation: Supporting and Funding Research
- Importance of Teen Transition
- CPR Refresher
- Adult CHD Panel
Additionally, parents will have the opportunity to schedule one-on-one time with our school teacher to ask questions about 504 plans and individualized education plans (IEP). To schedule a meeting with the school teacher, please RSVP here.