We know kids and teens are not just small adults—they have special needs. Every child is unique has the right to have their pain treated well by a team that cares for children every day.
When children are in our hospitals, our team provides expertise for difficult pain management issues before and after surgery. In the outpatient setting, we get to know your family in our pain clinic, which meets Monday through Friday at the Center for Advanced Pediatrics.
We care for several childhood conditions, such as:
- Musculoskeletal pain: pain coming from when the body moves
- Inflammation pain: pain coming from the swelling of joints or tissues, such as arthritis
- Functional abdominal pain: pain coming from the inside of the body
- Complex regional pain syndrome: pain coming from an injury or surgery that affects another part of the body
- Chronic headaches: pain coming from the head, such as migraine headaches