We can help children with motor, cognitive and sensory impairments gain some control over their movement and environment, and function more independently. Our Seating and Mobility Center evaluates mobility equipment for children, teens and young adults, from birth to age 21.
Children require age-appropriate equipment, and finding the right seating options for children requires specialized knowledge. Children’s pediatric therapists:
- Understand the importance of mobility in development
- Understand normal and atypical development
- Are up to date with changes in technology and the options available
We have the expertise and experience to meet each child’s special needs. Our therapists choose the proper equipment based on your child’s unique situation, such as transportation considerations and home accessibility.
Adaptive seating helps children become more mobile and independent, and makes it easier for them to use assistive technologies. Our specialists evaluate your child's need for:
- Custom seating systems, wheelchairs and other mobility equipment, such as gait trainers and walkers
- Powered mobility equipment—including alternatives to traditional joystick-controlled equipment—and training
- Equipment to assist activities of daily living, such as bath chairs and lifts
- Custom-molded seating and positioning systems to accommodate severe deformity and children who are difficult to position
- Computerized pressure mapping to find the best seat cushion for a child with skin breakdown or pain
Call 404-785-3718 for more information about our center or to schedule an appointment.