Individuals meeting the minimum entrance requirements may submit an application to the Practicum Committee. Applications not containing the following components will be considered incomplete. Incomplete and late applications will not be reviewed. To confirm receipt of your application, use an expedited, traceable mail service or the postal service's delivery confirmation.
The practicum experience follows the standards recommended by the ACLP. As the practicum experience is designated for students pursuing a career as a child life specialist, preference is given to students who have completed most of their child life coursework, and have not yet completed a practicum. *Students who have already completed a child life practicum may be considered if multiple practicum placements are available based on staff availability.
Please complete the following in its entirety and submit in a single mailing envelope in order to be considered for an interview for our Spring or Summer Spring Child Life Practicum:
- Completed Practicum Application postmarked by September 19th (for fall) or February 1 (for summer)
- Practicum Questionnaire
- Transcripts from all universities attended (unofficial transcripts are accepted)
- Fieldwork Experience Verification Form (total of 200 hours in any setting where you were supervised working with children)
- Child Life Relevant Coursework List
- 3 Child Life Student Reference Forms (attached)—No family members please, professional or academic references only. These forms must be sealed and signed on outside perforation of envelope by reference and included in your application packet.
- Administrative Processing Fee $15 (checks made payable to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta)
Please Mail Application to:
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
Child Life Department
Attn: Amy Hood, CCLS
1405 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322-1011
Applications must be postmarked by the due date to be considered for the following spring semester. All application packets are reviewed thoroughly. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Top candidates will be contacted by telephone to arrange an interview. An e-mail will be sent to those applicants who do not meet the requirements.