Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Camp Twin Lakes and the Spina Bifida Association of Georgia have partnered to offer Camp Krazy Legs. This overnight summer camp is for children and teens with spina bifida who meet the eligibility criteria.
Every child needs to feel special. A child with spina bifida is no different. We promote positive self-esteem with fun and learning. The only requirements are to laugh, play, grow and explore.
Our progressive program helps children and teens learn, develop and practice independent living skills in a fun camp format, using games, group activities, workshops, sports and community outings to teach and reinforce these life skills.
- Physical/mobility skills Social/communication skills
- Self-healthcare/medical skills (bladder and bowel training, dressing)
- Educational/vocational skills
- Cognitive skills (memory, sequencing, organization, decision making, problem solving)
- Integration into the home, school and community setting
- Leadership training (ages 17 and 18)