One of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country
Our not-for-profit healthcare system includes:
- 643 licensed beds
- 3 hospitals
- Marcus Autism Center
- Center for Advanced Pediatrics
- 26 neighborhood locations, including eight Urgent Care Centers
- 13 telemedicine presenting sites around Georgia
- More than 50 pediatric cardiologists in 22 locations statewide
- More than 11,500 employees
- Access to more than 2,100 pediatric physicians and practitioners representing more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs
- 10,000 volunteers
Measuring our impact
In 2018, Children's managed:
- 1,160,186 patient visits
- 430,868 patients (from all 159 counties in Georgia)
- 27,074 hospital discharges
- 165,570 inpatient days
- 1,124,069 outpatient visits
- 43,333 surgical procedures (inpatient and outpatient)
- 243,709 Emergency Department visits
- 177,894 Urgent Care Center visits
- 47,757 primary care visits
- 76,645 calls from parents across Georgia to 404-785-KIDS
In 2018, we continued making strides with Strong4Life, our movement to lead the fight against childhood obesity in Georgia.
- Strong4Life served more than 400,000 kids.
- Strong4Life trained 196 healthcare providers.
- Strong4Life worked with a total of 416 schools, educating school cafeteria staff, school nurses and clinic assistants, as well as students.
- The Strong4Life Clinic saw 1,314 total patient visits.
- Camp Strong4Life hosted 59 campers and their family members.