At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, our radiology team goes to great lengths to keep your patients safe while accurately diagnosing illnesses and injuries through our pediatric imaging services. We offer a variety of imaging services, including:
- CT scan
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA)
- Interventional radiology
- MRI, including functional MRI (fMRI) and intra-operative MRI (iMRI)
- Nuclear imaging
- PET scan
Radiology order forms
To refer a patient for imaging services at Children’s, complete the appropriate order form and fax it to the location designated on the form. If you are utilizing the Children’s precertification service, fax supporting clinical documentation with the order. Clinical documentation includes:
- Signs and symptoms
- Current medications
- Failed treatment or duration of treatment
- Medical history
- Other pertinent information
How do I schedule an appointment for my patient?
A physician’s office can schedule an appointment for a patient directly with Children’s. The patient family can also contact Children’s directly to schedule a child’s appointment. Our radiology teams can be reached at:
- Egleston hospital: 404-785-6078
- Hughes Spalding hospital: 404-785-9988
- Scottish Rite hospital: 404-785-2787
- Children’s at Town Center: 404-785-XRAY (9729)
- Children’s at Webb Bridge: 404-785-XRAY (9729)
Children’s provides precertification services for radiology procedures requiring prior authorization. If your practice furnishes us with the necessary information, our team of insurance verifiers will attempt to obtain any required authorization on behalf of Children’s.
Precertification is available to all physicians and their patients. Our goal is to make ordering outpatient radiology exams simple.
How do I get the precertification process started?
When your practice registers for this service, we will collect the information generally needed to request authorizations. To sign up, download the Radiology Pre-certification Services Registration form and provide:
- Names of practice physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- National provider identification (NPI) for each physician
- Practice manager contact information
- Tax ID for the practice
After completing the form, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 404-785-9268.
For information on precertification status, call the patient access supervisor at 404-785-5478 or the patient access team lead at 404-785-6909. There are no assurances that preauthorization will be obtained.
Radiology results can be received through fax or by logging in to accessCHOA.
- Fax: A report can be automatically faxed to a specific number after the report is authenticated by the radiologist. If you do not receive it, call 404-785-2162 or 404-785-0122 for a faxed result. We will need the patient’s name, test, date of service, name of physician and fax number.
- accessCHOA: A report can be accessed online through accessCHOA, which provides tools to manage access to patient information. You can receive customized notifications on patient events, including admissions, discharges, and lab and imaging results.
How do I access images?
We offer the following options to access radiology images:
- Picture Archival and Communications System (PACSLink): We use PACSLink to store and retrieve images. Using PACSLink, images can be simultaneously shared with multiple medical staffs. You can access PACSLink images by remote access and view images in your office. Contact the Children’s Solution Center to obtain EPIC access at 404-785-6767.
- Picture Archival and Communication System (PACSWeb): Launch PACSWeb on the internet to access images and results. Contact the Children’s radiology department at 404-785-7456 to request remote access and training materials.