At this point in time, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is planning to offer a summer 2021 child life internship. Please understand that, due to the COVID-19 health crisis, this is a very fluid situation and information changes rapidly. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Thank you for your interest in our Child Life Internship Program. Please see below for information about the application process, eligibility, and helpful resources.
Include the following in your application packet:
- Common Internship Application
- Answers to the following question in essay format, typed (less than 300 words): What qualities and/or experiences do you have that distinguish you from other child life intern applicants?
- ACLP eligibility assessment (course in-progress forms accepted)
- College Transcript(s) (we accept unofficial transcripts)
- Resume and cover letter
- Two professional recommendations completed on the ACLP Common Recommendation Form and e-mailed directly to ChildLifeRecs@choa.org from the recommender with your full name as the subject line
- Children’s will not require a child life practicum for the Summer 2021 application cycle
Please make sure your application is complete and postmarked by the deadline date. Incomplete packets and/or packets that do not meet the deadline date will not be considered.
Please Mail Application to:
Amy Hood, CCLS
Child Life Department
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
1405 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georga 30322-1011
Next steps and interview process
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. We cannot return calls inquiring if applications have been received or where we are in our process.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the application is complete and meets the deadline.
- Following receipt of your application, it will be reviewed and may be selected for the next step. Selected applicants will be contacted and scheduled for a first round phone interview.
- Following the phone interview, some applicants will be selected to move forward to the second round virtual interview. At this time, applicants not selected for a second round interview will receive a written or electronic message.
- Following the second interview, offers and declines will be made via telephone and e-mail on offer day.
- We follow the ACLP guidelines for initial offer, acceptance and second offer dates.
Summer Internship 2021
Application Deadline: January 5, 2021
Initial Offer Date: February 9, 2021
Acceptance Date: February 10, 2021
2nd Offer Date: February 11, 2021
Fall Internship 2021
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Initial Offer Date: May 4, 2021
Acceptance Date: May 5, 2021
2nd Offer Date: May 6, 2021