Does my child need urgent or emergency care?
There’s common confusion around where and if your child needs medical care for flu symptoms. Symptoms that require care from a pediatrician include:
- Fever that cannot be controlled
- Fatigue or inconsolable irritability
- Confusion or a headache that does not go away
- Chest pain, labored breathing or persistent cough
- Neck stiffness
- Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea or inability to drink enough fluids to stay hydrated
- Back pain or weak legs or feet
- Severe muscle pain and/or red urine
When your child has flu-like symptoms that are concerning to you and his pediatrician isn’t available, the next best choice is to go to a pediatric urgent care center or emergency department. There are several symptoms that can be treated at a pediatric urgent care center and don’t require a trip to the emergency room.
If you decide to go to a Children’s Urgent Care Center, check out our wait times.
In case of an urgent concern or emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department right away.
Can I save a spot in line?
We know the last place you want to be with a sick child is in a waiting room. To help you and your family spend less time waiting we have online scheduling at all our pediatric Urgent Care Center locations. This allows you to select a time that you would like to come to the Urgent Care Center. Once at the center, you will begin the check-in process. A reserved slot is not a set appointment, and you may have to wait after you come into the center. Patients who arrive with a more serious condition or illness may be seen before you.
To reserve your spot, follow these steps:
- Check wait times for our Urgent Care Centers.
- Select "Save My Spot" for the Urgent Care Center of your choice.
- Choose an available arrival time and give your information. You will receive an email and text message confirmation.
- Make sure to arrive on time in order to hold your place in line.
We accept walk-in patients during business hours at all our Urgent Care Centers. The best time to bring your child to one of our Urgent Care Centers is during the middle of the day. We are generally busiest in the morning, late afternoon and evening.