We know seeing your child’s doctor is important. In an effort to keep our patients healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is now offering virtual visits.
What is a virtual visit?
A virtual visit allows you to connect with your child’s doctor in real time using video through your computer, smartphone or tablet. This is sometimes called a telemedicine visit. A virtual visit allows you to have a doctor’s visit without taking your child into a clinic.
How can I get a virtual visit?
Your child’s doctor will determine whether the appointment can be done online through a virtual visit. A scheduler will contact you to discuss your options and explain the steps to begin a virtual visit. If you’re interested in a virtual visit, contact your child’s doctor.
You must have a MYchart account in order to have a virtual visit with a Children’s provider. A Children’s scheduler will need to help you start this process by sending you an activation email.
Completing the eCheck-in
Download a tip sheet on completing the eCheck-in:
Before beginning your virtual visit, you must login to MYchart and complete the following:
- Confirm your personal information.
- Upload your child’s insurance information. You will only need to do this for your first visit. For other visits, you will just confirm your information is still correct.
- Complete a health history questionnaire.
- Sign your e-consent forms:
- When the eCheck-in process is complete, log out of MYchart. You can do this up to seven days before your child’s virtual visit.
If not previously completed, we will need to confirm your identity as the child’s legal guardian. You will receive an email, directing you to login to MYchart.
Starting your Virtual Visit
Download a tip sheet on starting your virtual visit:
- Desktop eCheck-in and joining the visit tip sheet (en Español)
- App eCheck-in and joining the visit tip sheet (en Español)
Once you’ve completed your eCheck-in by submitting your forms and uploading your ID, you will be ready to start your visit. When it’s time for your appointment, you will:
- Go to the MYchart home page to sign in with your username and password.
- Select your child to be seen during the virtual visit using the people icon on the top of the screen.
- Select the ‘visits” tab with the calendar icon.
- When it’s time for your appointment, select the “begin video visit” blue button.
Plan your visit
- Add at least 30 minutes before you visit.
- If you’re using a smart phone turn off notifications.
- If you’re using a computer connect to internet and use Google Chrome for best experience.
- Exit any video streaming software or apps (those used for video chat, watching movies and listening to music) that may cause issues with your camera and video during the virtual visit. Have other people in your house do the same.