Elyssa Gerst, PhD, joined Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in fall 2019. She came to Georgia by way of Washington, DC, where she completed her postdoctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology at Children’s National Health System. Prior to her fellowship training, Dr. Gerst completed her PhD at the University of Houston and her predoctoral internship in clinical psychology at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Denver.
Dr. Gerst has interests in the field of pediatric neuropsychology including but not limited to cognitive development in children with complex medical histories, the impact of congenital or acquired neurological disorders on neuropsychological functioning, and supporting optimal outcomes in children and adolescents.
In her spare time, Dr. Gerst enjoys spending time with family and friends and exploring local parks.
Focus of Practice
- Pediatric neuropsychology
Areas of Interest
- Cognitive development in children with complex medical histories
- Neuropsychological functioning in children with congenital disorders
- Interaction between sleep and cognitive functioning
- Training and program development
- Sports Neuropsychology Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
Research & Publications
Psychometric properties of neuropsychological measures; Impact of neuropsychological functioning on academic skills development