The pediatric-trained dentists and orthodontists at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta are experts in treating babies, children and teenagers with a wide range of complex medical conditions.
Who do our dentists treat?
In collaboration with other specialists throughout Children’s, our team provides dental services to children with the following medical issues:
- Cancer and blood disorders (including sickle cell disease)
- Craniofacial disorders
- Facial cellulitis and trauma (admitted to Children's or our Emergency Department only)
- Heart conditions
- Select neuroscience conditions (approved by Children’s dentists)
- Select pulmonary conditions (approved by Children’s dentists)
- Solid organ transplant recipients
We do not treat healthy siblings of patients or patients with the following conditions unless they also have a condition listed above:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Bone muscular disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- Down syndrome (excluding those with cardiac issues)
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- GI disorders
- Genetic disorders (excluding craniofacial disorders)
- Intellectual disability
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary disease (excluding those who are preapproved)
- Speech problems
- Spina bifida
Treatment of patients with other severe medical conditions must be preapproved by our pediatric dentists.
Who do our orthodontists treat?
Our pediatric orthodontic services are only offered to children with craniofacial disorders.
At Children’s, we offer a full range of dental and orthodontic services, including:
- Preventive dental services
- Restorative and surgical dental procedures
- Dental health education
- Orthodontics (interceptive and comprehensive)
- Pit and fissure sealants
- Surgical orthodontic procedures
- Speech-aid appliances
- Sedation and general anesthesia services
For newborns with cleft lip and palate, we also offer:
- Nasal alveolar molding (NAM) device
- Palatal appliances to facilitate feeding
- Oral and nasal appliances to aid in restructuring during surgery
Your child will be seen in our outpatient clinic, but if more complex procedures are needed, he may be treated in the operating room.
Dental and orthodontic clinic visits are held at the Medical Office Building at Scottish Rite Hospital.
Children's Medical Office Building at Scottish Rite Hospital
5461 Meridian Mark Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342