Join us every April to support. Marcus Autism Center during Autism Awareness Month. Together, we can make a difference for kids who are living with autism.
Maximizing the potential of all kids with autism
As one of the largest autism centers in the U.S. and one of only five National Institutes of Health (NIH) Autism Centers of Excellence, Marcus Autism Center offers families access to the latest research, comprehensive testing and science-based treatments.Learn More
At Marcus Autism Center, we know that early detection is the first step in early intervention—and early intervention can help give children with autism a future full of promise and fulfillment.
This is why we set out to reduce the average age of autism diagnosis and speed up the time to intervention. And, we’re seeing results. Within the last four years, we have increased the number of children diagnosed under the age of 3 by 50%. This means more children are getting critical interventions earlier, when it matters most. We also share our expertise beyond our walls by developing interventions, care plans and treatments that can be shared in the communities where these children live.
We’re making progress, but this is only the beginning. To have a positive impact on the lives of even more children and their families, we need your help.
It's easy to participate in this national month of autism support. All it takes is a few clicks and shares to inspire friends, family and other connections to contribute to help kids with autism. Below are just a few of the ways you can use your voice in support of Marcus Autism Center and help extend our reach.
Make a donation
As a not-for-profit organization, Marcus Autism Center relies on support from donors like you. Every gift, every dollar, makes a difference in the lives of kids with autism. Your gift allows us to conduct meaningful research that results in brighter futures for all kids with autism. Your gift matters to us, and it matters to them.
Walk with us
Each year, Marcus Autism Center and Autism Speaks host the Autism Speaks Walk. This is a chance to get moving, give back and celebrate life and all its possibilities. This family-friendly event includes a walk, activities and a quiet space to use if you or your loved one with autism wants a respite during the event.
Promote on social media
Tell your friends and followers why they should donate to Marcus Autism Center in recognition of Autism Awareness Month. Below are some social media best practices and sample posts you can copy and paste.
Social media best practices:
- Posts with photos get more attention, so consider adding a picture of a kid who inspires you to give to Marcus Autism Center.
- Don’t forget to include that it is National Autism Awareness Month in all of your posts.
- For maximum impact, share your personal story about your family’s positive experiences at Marcus Autism Center or why you choose to give. Encourage others to do the same.
- Tag Marcus Autism Center on Facebook (@MarcusAutismCenter) and Twitter (@MarcusAutism).
- Remember to include a link where people can donate to Marcus Autism Center in your post.
Social media sample posts:
- All kids should have access to early diagnosis and treatment for autism. That’s why I’m supporting Marcus Autism Center during National Autism Awareness Month. Give where it matters most. Donate today.
- Together, we can help lead the way in transforming the future of autism. Join me in supporting Marcus Autism Center during National Autism Awareness Month. Give where it matters most. Donate today.
- I just kicked off National Autism Awareness Month with a donation to Marcus Autism Center. Won’t you? Make a difference in the lives of kids with autism. Donate today.
- In honor of National Autism Awareness Month, join me and make a donation to Marcus Autism Center. Help fund meaningful research and breakthrough discoveries for kids with autism. @MarcusAutism
- I just kicked off National Autism Awareness Month with a donation to Marcus Autism Center. Join me! Revolutionize the way the world sees autism. Donate today. @MarcusAutism
- Support National Autism Awareness Month with a donation to Marcus Autism Center. I did! @MarcusAutism
- Make Marcus Autism Center your National Autism Awareness Month donation destination. Give today. @MarcusAutism
Support while you shop
Take advantage of opportunities to support Marcus Autism Center and use your spending power to make a difference.
- Throughout the month of April, America's Thrift Stores are asking customers to round up their purchase totals upon checkout in support of Marcus Autism Center. You can participate by rounding up your purchase total at one of two locations:
- 2949 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066
- 3190 Atlanta Highway
Athens, GA 30606
- While placing an online order with Johnny's Pizza, customers are asked for an additional donation in support of Marcus Autism Center.
- Shop in store at Kendra Scott Lenox or online on April 26th and 27th and have 20% of your purchase benefit Marcus Autism Center. When shopping in person, be sure to mention Marcus Autism Center at check out. When shopping online, use the coupon code GIVEBACK-18FE.
- Make a $750 donation to Marcus Autism Center and receive one of 20 mystery Atlanta United jerseys signed by a player.
Host a Facebook fundraiser
Facebook has a tool that makes it easy for you to host your own online fundraiser. National Autism Awareness Month is a great time to use this resource to raise awareness for Marcus Autism Center, share your story and reach a fundraising goal. Consider matching gifts to make your friends’ donations go twice as far. Every single dollar raised goes directly to Marcus Autism Center to support our goal of maximizing the potential of children with autism today and transforming the future of autism through research.
Not sure how high to set your fundraising goal? Consider this: Your gift can help us purchase much-needed items, like food for our facility dog, Flip, or art supplies and toys for clinical sessions and research. Any amount makes a difference.
Send an email
Reach out to family and friends to inspire them to give to Marcus Autism Center during National Autism Awareness Month this April. Here is a email template you can customize and share:
Dear family and friends,
Mark your calendar! April is National Autism Awareness Month, and I’m inviting you to join me in supporting Marcus Autism Center. Why? Because when you donate to the center, you’re giving where it matters most. You’re helping to transform the lives of countless kids with autism.
[Insert how autism or Marcus Autism Center has made an impact in your life or in the life of someone you care about.]
Marcus Autism Center is a not-for-profit organization, so donor funds are critical to making sure they can continue to conduct meaningful research that leads to breakthrough discoveries. That’s why I’m asking you to make Marcus Autism Center your National Autism Awareness Month charity of choice.
Visit marcus.org/give to show your support.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
Stories of Determination, Hope and Brighter Futures
When Little Things Are Big Things for Ainsley
The Language and Learning Program has been a game changer for Ainsley and her family as she navigates learning how to communicate with autism.