Elyssa Gerst, PhD, joined Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in2019 and currently serves as co-director of Neuropsychology Externship Training. She came to Georgia by way of Washington DC, where she completed her postdoctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology at Children’s National Health System. Prior to her fellowship training, Dr. Gerst completed her PhD at the University of Houston and her pre-doctoral internship in clinical psychology at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Denver.
Dr. Gerst has interests in the field of pediatric neuropsychology, including but not limited to cognitive development in children with complex medical histories, the impact of congenital or acquired neurological disorders on neuropsychological functioning, and supporting optimal concussion recovery in children and adolescents.
In her spare time, Dr. Gerst enjoys spending time with family and friends and exploring local parks.
- Psychology Award for Excellence in Teaching, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (2022)
Focus of Practice
- Pediatric neuropsychology
Areas of Interest
- Neuropsychological functioning in children with complex medical histories, including global cognitive development, social/emotional/behavioral functioning and academic performance
- Concussion recovery, treatment and prevention
- Training and program development
- International Neuropsychological Society
- Sports Neuropsychology Society
Research & Publications
Psychometric properties of neuropsychological measures; Impact of neuropsychological functioning on academic skills development