The 21st annual WSB Care-a-Thon returns on July 29 at 5 a.m. and ends July 30 at 6 p.m. on Cox Media Group’s 95.5 WSB. The 37-hour radio event, which helps fund family support services, research and the Fellowship Program at the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, will feature stories of hope and inspiration from Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center patients, families and staff from throughout Georgia. Listeners will have the opportunity to make donations and purchase one-of-a-kind experiences throughout the two-day event.
Hosted by Scott Slade, Clark Howard, Erick Erickson, Eric Von Haessler, Mark Arum and Brian Kilmeade, the WSB Care-a-Thon has raised more than $26 million to date for the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center.
The WSB Care-a-Thon will feature patients and families from areas across Georgia, including Athens, Atlanta, Dahlonega, Flowery Branch, Jackson, Lithonia, Marietta, Smyrna, Suwanee and Woodstock.
Listeners can donate to the WSB Care-a-Thon by listening to 95.5 FM or AM 750, by phone at 888-750-2772 or online at www.wsbradio.com/careathon/ or www.choa.org/careathon. Follow along at www.facebook.com/AflacCancerCenter for updates, information and additional donation opportunities.
Major donation opportunities include:
- John Smoltz Hall of Fame Package, including a signed 1992 World Series Sports Illustrated cover, signed baseball and invitation for two to attend the Smoltz Auction Party on Aug. 8
- Freddie & Friends Lunch at the Chop House at Truist Park on Sept. 9
- Clark Howard’s Braves tickets for games on Sept. 8 and Oct. 2
- Clark Howard’s Falcon’s tickets for games on Nov. 18 and Dec. 5
- Signed Matt Ryan jersey
- Round of golf for four at Reynolds Lake Oconee