Preparing for the Pre-Transplant Liver Evaluation
- Make sure your insurance company has approved the evaluation. Bring a copy of your insurance benefits and insurance I.D. card with your deductible and co-payment amounts.
- Arrive on time. If you are late, we may need to reschedule your child’s visit.
- Please leave young siblings at home. Your focus needs to be learning about the pediatric liver transplant. We do want your family to take part in follow-up clinic visits.
- Call your pediatrician to make sure your child’s immunization (shot) records are up-to-date. Bring his records to the pre-transplant evaluation.
- Write a list of questions to ask the team. Share your concerns and fears with them.