Guidelines for Visiting Children’s at Egleston (CICU and CSU)
- Family members must wash their hands each time they enter and leave their child’s room.
- Parents/caregivers should tell the child’s nurse if any visitors are sick. The nurse will give them protective clothing to help keep the child healthy and prevent infections.
- Due to limited space, only two visitors at a time are allowed in the CICU.
- While on the CSU, visitors should stay in their child’s room when doctors do daily rounds. Rounds are times when doctors, nurses and the heart transplant team talk about the care of the child. The child’s nurse will tell parents/caregivers when the doctor will make rounds.
- Parents/caregivers should stay with their child at all times. A family member or friend who is at least age 18 is allowed if the parent cannot stay.
- One parent can stay in the room with the child overnight. The social worker can help arrange for rooms for other family members.
- Child visitors less than age 10 must be with an adult at all times.