At Children's, we recognize that a transplant affects the entire family, and we are committed to providing high quality care and support throughout the transplant process—we treat every child not just as a patient, but as a person.
Performing more than 1,000 pediatric transplants since our program inception, Children's ranks among the top pediatric transplant centers in the U.S. Our nationally recognized programs include:
Highlights and Accomplishments
- In 2012, Children's ranked No. 3 in the country and No. 1 in the Southeast for total number of pediatric transplants performed.
- Children's has performed more than 350 liver transplants, 250 heart transplants and 550 kidney transplants—making us one of only a few pediatric hospitals in the country to reach such a milestone.*
- Transplanted the world’s youngest (10 days old) and three smallest (2-4 pounds) liver transplant recipients.*
- One of the first pediatric hospitals in the U.S. to perform three heart transplants in 24 hours.*
- Awarded the 2012 Organ Donation Medal of Honor issued by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services