For your convenience, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has designed an online learning opportunity about pediatric concussion for physicians and medical professionals. These videos will help you:
- Provide and plan patient care after a concussion while utilizing all components of the concussion toolkit.
- Describe the immediate and delayed potential consequences of concussion and the dangers of multiple concussions.
- Explain when to advance to include an emergency department assessment and/or a CT scan.
- Discuss with patients and parents the importance of a gradual return to activities, cognitive rest and follow-up care.
Our multidisciplinary approach helps make the Children’s Concussion Program unique, with services including:
Our concussion toolkit is a collection of materials created by Children’s that is designed to help you manage concussions in your practice. You will find:
- A tool for assessing concussions and mild brain injuries
- Emergency department referral and CT scan criteria
- The Glasgow coma scale
- Red flags and signs that a concussion is serious
- A cognitive rest and academic recovery plan and sample letters
- Sample return-to-play and return-to-game letters
- Baseline testing: Children’s uses Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing (ImPACT), a computer-based evaluation for sports concussion.
- Coaches Guide for Assessing Medical Events (GAME) cards
- Concussion prevention tips
Continuing medical education (CME)
After watching the concussion video series and downloading the concussion tool kit, earn CME credit.