The Summer VolunTEEN program at Children’s is a great program for high school students looking for a rewarding way to spend a portion of their summer. VolunTEENs are placed in areas throughout the hospital ranging from administrative work and customer service to direct patient and family interaction. Volunteers will not shadow any clinical staff, but will be supervised by Children's staff. The program spans 8 weeks during June and July. Interested teens MUST be able to commit to volunteer at least one day a week for 5 hours, missing no more than two days.
Applications open on February 12, 2016.
- Who: High School Students, ages 15-18
- When: June 6 through July 29, one day/week from 10:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
*no more than two absences allowed
Video: The VolunTEEN Program
The VolunTEEN program is a great program for high school students looking for a rewarding way to spend part of their summer.
STEP 1: Complete the online application
STEP 2: Complete and mail the following documents together:
- The completed VolunTEEN packet
- One counselor/teacher recommendation
- A copy of photo ID (driver's license or student ID)
- Immunization records that indicate the following:
- MMR vaccine (2 vaccines recorded)
- Varicella/ Chickenpox (2 vaccines recorded OR documentation of positive blood test results indicating immunity. History of disease date alone will not suffice.)
- Tdap vaccine
Once we receive all contents of your application and you are selected, you will be contacted by email to schedule an in-person interview.
STEP 4: To be completed after acceptance
Please note: The VolunTEEN Program may fill up prior to February 26. All applicants will be notified by March 25 of their status. You may only apply to one of our hospital locations.
- 2 Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests or T-spot blood test
- Criminal Background Check Consent Form
The Information Packet must be mailed to Children's at Egleston, Children's at Hughes Spalding or Children's at Scottish Rite at the following addresses:
Mandatory Training Dates
Scottish Rite: Wednesday, June 1, 2:00p.m. - 4:30p.m.
Egleston: Wednesday, June 1, 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.
Hughes Spalding: Tuesday, May 31, 10:30a.m. - 1:30p.m.
Thank you for your interest in the VolunTEEN Program at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.