We appreciate your interest in hospital volunteer opportunities at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Volunteering at one of our hospitals or neighborhood locations can be a rewarding experience, and it is just one of the ways you can make a difference in the lives of children.
With the guidance of the Children’s staff, volunteers work a set weekly schedule within one of the following hospital areas:
Begin the application process by following these steps:
- Review the following Volunteer Requirements. Before volunteering at Children's, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Agree to volunteer for a minimum of one year.
- Interview with a volunteer coordinator.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox and Tdap.
- Be willing to receive an annual tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Be willing to receive annual flu vaccination.
- Follow through with any additional training your placement may require.
- Adhere to the Children’s policies and procedures.
- Complete the online application and orientation process.
- Review the Volunteer Manual.
- Complete the Volunteer Assessment. (Pay special attention to the information about safety, infection control and confidentiality.)
- Upon successful completion of the assessment (you must score at least 80 percent), you will be provided a link to our volunteer application.
Selections are made by matching the current volunteer opportunities with the interests and availability of potential volunteers. If we find a match, one of our volunteer coordinators will contact you for a personal interview. Although we are continually assessing the volunteer needs of Children’s, we may not be able to match your interests and availability with our current opportunities. We will keep your application on file in case a match is made at a later date.