What Amenities and Services Are Available at Hughes Spalding Hospital?
The team at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta wants your visit to Hughes Spalding Hospital to go smoothly, from the moment you arrive until you leave.
Below is a list of the amenities and descriptions of the various services we offer patients and families during a visit.
An ATM is available on the first floor.
Located on the first floor, the chapel is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A nondenominational service is held on Wednesdays at noon, as well as on special occasions. You can reach a chaplain by dialing 404-785-6585.
- The Cafe is located on the first floor and serves breakfast and lunch daily from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Soda and snack machines are also located in the Cafe.
- Special diets
- If the doctor orders a special diet (diabetic, low-sodium) for your child, you will receive a diet-specific menu. The order will be approved by a nutritionist before delivery.
- Guest trays
- Currently, guest trays are available from room service at no charge. Your nurse or a guest services liaison can deliver guest tray menus. Guest trays are delivered with the patient’s tray, unless a different time is requested or the patient is not receiving meals. For pricing and any other questions, call room service at 404-785-6262.
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Mothers who are breastfeeding as the only means of patient nutrition may receive free meal trays for breakfast, lunch and dinner from room service or may receive a discount in the cafeteria. A nurse will alert room service and contact the mother with instructions.
Patients and families are invited to use the free services and materials at the Family Library, which is located on Floor 3R. It is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- There are books in English and Spanish, including health, educational and reference materials; children’s books; and videos and DVDs. You’ll also find board games and puzzles. Computers are available for parents to use with internet access.
- The librarian is an excellent resource for medical information if you need more detail or have questions about your child’s diagnosis and is happy to assist you with your research needs.
- You can reach the library at 404-785-9573.
The Hughes Spalding garden, located outside on the first floor, offers a great place for parents and patients looking for peace, quiet and a breath of fresh air. Take a stroll on our lovely walking path, and look for special activities during nice weather. Remember, smoking is not permitted in the gardens. Before taking a patient outside, check with your nurse.
The Gift Shop is located near the hospital lobby on the first floor and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. You’ll find toys, balloons, snacks, books, magazines and personal care products. The helpful and friendly staff consists of hospital volunteers.
- Health Law Partnership (HeLP) is a collaboration between the Georgia State University College of Law, Children’s and the Atlanta Legal Aid Society. HeLP’s goal is to improve the health and well-being of low-income children and their families through the combined effort of medical and legal experts.
- HeLP lawyers and staff offer free legal services to families with children receiving care at Children’s who are living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level . HeLP provides legal assistance with civil legal problems, such as housing, domestic violence, child support, guardianship, education and public benefits.
- To contact HeLP, ask your child’s doctor, nurse or social worker for assistance, or
- Stamps can be purchased in the Gift Shop.
- The mailing address for Hughes Spalding Hospital is 35 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- Mail is delivered to patient rooms.
- Mail received after a patient has been discharged will be forwarded to the patient’s home.
Bathrooms and showers
Each inpatient room on the third floor has its own bathroom and shower that parents can use.
Amenities and services on the North Druid Hills Campus
Our future state-of-the-art campus at North Druid Hills is designed to improve outcomes, help our clinicians deliver advanced care and bring lifesaving medical research directly to patients.LOOKING FORWARD
School is a big part of every child’s life. The School Program at Children’s supports your child’s educational needs by continuing the learning experience in the hospital.LEARN MORE