Overnight Summer Camp for Craniofacial Patients
At Camp Courage, every child’s possibilities are endless. From team-building activities to individual support, this camp has something for everyone. Camp Courage gives every child the chance to experience camp, build friendships and make memories that last a lifetime.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, in collaboration with Camp Twin Lakes, started Camp Courage to give patients with craniofacial conditions a fun opportunity to meet peers with similar medical conditions. Many Children's employees and community volunteers spearhead programs and activities throughout the camp to address issues, such as self-esteem and personal confidence.
Every child needs to feel special. We promote positive self-esteem with fun and learning. The only requirements are to laugh, play, grow and explore.
Our goals are to:
- Increase independence in daily living activities.
- Provide fun, safe and appropriate camp activities.
- Build self-worth, self esteem and social skills.
- Encourage willingness to try new things.
- Reinforce that campers are more than their impairment.
- Give parents a respite break.