ATLANTA (July 20, 2023) – The 23rd annual WSB Care-a-Thon returns July 27 through July 28 on Cox Media Group’s 95.5 WSB. The two-day radio event, which helps fund family support services, research and the Fellowship Program at the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, will feature stories of hope and inspiration from Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center patients, families and staff from throughout Georgia. Listeners will have the opportunity to make donations and purchase one-of-a-kind experiences throughout the two-day event.
The 23rd annual event is hosted by Scott Slade, Clark Howard, Eric Von Haessler, Mark Arum, Erick Erickson, Shelley Wynter and the WSB team. The WSB Care-a-Thon has raised more than $30 million to date for the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. Special guests include Dan Amos (Aflac Inc.), John Smoltz and other notable Atlanta-based personalities.
The WSB Care-a-Thon will feature patients and families from areas across Georgia, including Canton, Monroe, Fayetteville, Alpharetta, Dallas, Winder, McDonough and Cartersville.
Exciting items for bid:
- Round of Golf at Reynold Lake Oconee – One round of golf for four guests on The Landing, Preserve, National or Great Waters Course at Reynolds Lake Oconee. Guests can pick a date of their choosing.
- John Smoltz Hall of Fame Package – This package includes one mystery jersey autographed by John Smoltz and one of the following Hall of Famers: Chipper Jones, Bobby Cox, or Phil Niekro. In addition to these jerseys, you and a guest will be invited to attend John’s Annual Auction Party on Sunday, August 6th from 6-9 p.m. at Fairway Social as part of his Braves Celebrity-Am golf tournament.
- Clark Howard’s Braves vs. Mets baseball tickets – Two tickets to enjoy the Atlanta Braves vs the New York Mets game on Tuesday, August 22nd from Clark’s personal seats at Truist Park. Tickets comes with a $250 food and drink voucher.
- Bourbon and Butts with Erick Erickson – Join Erick Erickson Thursday, September 7th at WSB Studios for a night of bourbon tasting from his personal collection and dine on BBQ from a local Atlanta favorite, Lanes BBQ.
- Distillery of Modern Art Tasting with Doug Turnbull and Smilin’ Mark McKay – Experience a tour of the Distillery of Modern Art, followed by a private tasting of each of the spirits. This experience for two will be on Saturday, September 9th at 3 p.m.
Additional donation opportunities and incentive items can be found at www.choa.org/wsbevents.
Donate to the WSB Care-a-Thon by listening to 95.5 FM, calling 888-750-2772 or online at www.wsbradio.com/careathon/ or www.choa.org/careathon. Follow along at www.facebook.com/AflacCancerCenter for additional updates.
Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
The Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is a national leader among childhood cancer, hematology, and blood and marrow transplant programs, serving children and young adults. Recognized as one of the top childhood cancer centers in the country by U.S. News & World Report, the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center cares for more than 500 newly diagnosed cancer patients and treats nearly 2,000 unique sickle cell disease patients each year. Our program offers patients access to more than 380 clinical trials, including 28 innovative Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center investigator-initiated trials.
About Cox Media Group
CMG Media Corporation (d/b/a Cox Media Group) is an industry-leading media company with unparalleled brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people. CMG provides valuable local content to viewers in the communities in which it serves. The company’s operations primarily include 52 top-performing radio stations delivering multiple genres of content in 11 markets, 31 high-quality, market-leading television stations in 20 markets, and numerous streaming and digital platforms. CMG’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Telemundo and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations. Additionally, the company also offers a full suite of national, regional, local and digital advertising services with CMG Local Solutions, CoxReps and Gamut. For more information about CMG, visit www.coxmediagroup.com.