Dr. Scurfield joined Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in 2017 following his fellowship training in sports medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. During his education and training, Dr. Scurfield provided sports medicine services for Division I and high school athletics, including basketball, football, soccer, wrestling, and track and field. While in Houston, he also provided medical event coverage at the Special Olympics Field Day and the Houston marathon. He currently serves as the team physician for Kell High School. Dr. Scurfield is a consulting associate for the Duke Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
In his free time he enjoys staying active, hiking, kayaking, traveling, discovering the best places to eat, cheering on the Braves, and spending quality time with his wife and two children.
Focus of Practice
- Sports medicine
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Overuse injuries
Areas of Interest
- Non-operative musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Overuse injuries and team sports
- Concussion management
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness
- American Academy of Pediatric Council on School Health
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Research in Sports Medicine Society