Medical Staff Services
The Medical Staff Services Department is primarily accountable for the administrative and medical-legal structure of the medical staff organization. Some of the most important responsibilities of the department are: Credentialing and re-credentialing of all Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. This team also manages professional staff meetings, the Medical Executive Committee, The Annual Professional Staff Meeting, and professional staff documents (Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policy, etc).
- Credentialing: The team oversees the initial appointment and reappointment process for physicians, dentists, psychologists, and advanced practice providers.
- Medical Staff Governance: The team manages professional staff meetings, the Medical Executive Committee, and professional staff documents (bylaws, rules, regulations, etc.).
- Professional Practice Evaluation: The team which includes Peer Review, Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE), and Focused Professional Evaluation (FPPE), has four key responsibilities related to the job performance and conduct of our providers. The function of the process is to address concerns with provider performance and professionalism (conduct), to provide feedback, to provide education, and to identify organizational opportunities for improvement.
- Provider Data Management: The team is responsible for managing several of our computer systems and staff resources including CACTUS (provider database that houses demographics, office locations and credentialing data), Cactus standard privileging, DoctorPages, and Doctor on Call emergency call schedule. They also process requests from credentialed providers for access to Epic.
Who is part of the medical staff services team?
- Susan Siegel, RN, BSN, CJCP, HACP, Director, Medical Staff Services 404-785-6897
- Alexis Mathis, CPCS, Manager, Medical Staff Services (Provider Data Management) 404-785-1684
- Ellen Hamrick, MS, CPNP, Manager, Medical Staff Services, (Professional Practice Evaluation/Peer Review) 404-785-6099
- Lisa Kuklinski, CPMSM, CPCS, FMSP, Manager, Medical Staff Services (credentialing) 404-785-7485
- Dawn Murrain, Project Manager, Medical Staff Services 404-785-2216
- Mary Reid, Program Coordinator 404-785-0384