Medical Staff Services
The medical staff services team at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta provides management, direction and support for the physicians, oral surgeons, dentists, psychologists and allied health professionals credentialed within our organization.
- Credentialing: The team oversees the initial appointment and reappointment process for physicians, dentists, psychologists and allied health professionals.
- Medical staff governance: The team manages professional staff meetings, the Medical Executive Committee and professional staff documents (bylaws, rules, regulations, etc.).
- Professional practice evaluation: The team oversees the collegial, educational process of evaluating events related to the clinical and behavioral performance of practitioners, the System Professional Practice Evaluation (PPE) Committee, the Hughes Spalding Professional Practice Evaluation (PPE) Committee and five PPE subcommittees (trauma, operative services, medicine, emergency medicine and urgent care, and advanced practice providers).
- Provider data management: The team maintains the CACTUS provider database, tracks provider clinical privileges, manages the Doctor On Call emergency call schedule, processes requests from credentialed providers for access to Epic, and manages the focused and ongoing professional practice evaluation processes.
Who is part of the medical staff services team?
- Susan Siegel, RN, BSN, CJCP, HACP, Director, Medical Staff Services 404-785-6897
- Pollyanna Castro, CPMSM, CPCS, MSM, Manager, Medical Staff Services (provider data management) 404-785-7494
- Michele Labuz, BS, RN, Manager, Medical Staff Services (professional practice evaluation/peer review) 404-785-7466
- Lisa Kuklinski, CPMSM, CPCS, FMSP, Manager, Medical Staff Services (credentialing) 404-785-7485
- Kalen Parks, MSHA, CMP, Project Manager, Medical Staff Services 404-785-7428
- Mary Reid, Program Coordinator 404-785-0384