Laura Wright, PhD, joined Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as a pediatric psychologist in fall 2019. Dr. Wright received her undergraduate degree in psychobiology from Occidental College. She earned her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Georgia State University and completed her predoctoral internship through the division of Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Psychology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. Given her interest in pediatric pain, Dr. Wright completed her postdoctoral fellowship at Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School where she worked in the Pain Treatment Service, Mayo Family Pediatric Pain Rehabilitation Center and Pediatric Headache Program.
Focus of Practice
- Pediatric psychology
Areas of Interest
- Chronic pain
- Psychosocial functioning in children with chronic medical conditions
- Program development and training
- American Psychological Association, Society of Pediatric Psychology, Division 54
- American Association of Pain Psychologists (AAPP)
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- American Headache Society (AHS)
Research & Publications
Dr. Wright's primary research and clinical interests in the field of pediatric psychology include pain assessment and treatment, psychosocial functioning in children with chronic medical conditions, and the promotion of resilience and positive adjustment among youth with chronic pain.