ATLANTA (July 18, 2022) – The 22nd annual WSB Care-a-Thon returns on July 28 at 5 a.m. and ends July 29 at 6 p.m. on Cox Media Group’s 95.5 WSB. The 37-hour radio event, which helps fund family support services, research and the Fellowship Program at the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, will feature stories of hope and inspiration from Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center patients, families and staff from throughout Georgia. Listeners will have the opportunity to make donations and purchase one-of-a-kind experiences throughout the two-day event.
Hosted by Scott Slade, Clark Howard, Erick Erickson, Eric Von Haessler, Mark Arum, Shelley Wynter and MalaniKai, the WSB Care-a-Thon has raised more than $28 million to date for the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. Special guests include Dan Amos (Aflac Inc.), John Smoltz and other notable Atlanta-based personalities.
The WSB Care-a-Thon will feature patients and families from areas across Georgia, including Atlanta, Covington, Dawsonville, Douglasville, McDonough, Milton, Stone Mountain and Sugar Hill.
Listeners can donate to the WSB Care-a-Thon by listening to 95.5 FM, by phone at 888-750-2772 or online at www.wsbradio.com/careathon or www.choa.org/careathon. Follow along at www.facebook.com/AflacCancerCenter for updates, information and additional donation opportunities.
- An Evening with Atlanta United – Provides the opportunity for one person to mingle with the Atlanta United team, coaching and front office staff while enjoying a first-class experience at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Wednesday, September 28th from 7-9 p.m. Food and beverage are included.
- Dinner with Grady Jarrett – This experience for two includes an evening with the Atlanta Falcons star defensive end, plus dinner, open bar, Q&A session and photos with Grady on Monday, September 12th at Maggiano’s in Buckhead from 6:30-9 p.m. You also will receive one autographed football.
- John Smoltz Hall of Fame Package – Package includes one red Atlanta Braves #29 Jersey signed by John Smoltz and an invitation for two to attend an exclusive meet and greet and live auction party, food and drink included, at Fairway Social in Alpharetta on Sunday, August 7th from 6:30-9 p.m.
- Legends Distillery Tour and Tasting Experience – This experience includes a private tour of the facility where our Head Blender will explain what makes Legends Spirits unique to the distilling world, followed by a private tasting in the Legacy Room where you will sample a full line of spirits.
- Braves game with Clark Howard and Eric Von Haessler – Two tickets to join Clark Howard & Eric Von Haessler for a night at the Braves game on Tuesday, September 20th. Watch the game from the Xfinity Lounge at Truist Park. Food and drink voucher included with each ticket.