ATLANTA (Nov. 22, 2021)–Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta proudly invites the city of Atlanta out to Colony Square for a new holiday tradition. The Lighting at Colony Square is a full day of family holiday fun on Saturday, Dec. 4 from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The schedule includes the following free events:
- 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Bands and dance groups performing live on Peachtree Street and the Colony Square Main Stage. Visitors will also experience the Touch-a-Truck event.
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Colony Square’s Festivity Loop will feature activities such as face painting, balloon art and more.
- 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.: The Grove, an urban pocket park at the corner of Juniper and 14th Streets, will offer photo opportunities with Santa Clause. Additionally, enjoy performances from carolers with Alliance Theatre’s ‘A Christmas Carol,’ a live DJ and professional ice-skating performances on The Plaza.
- 4:30 p.m.: The A-Town-A-List Band will perform festive holiday tunes on the Main Stage in The Front Loop to get visitors in the spirit.
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: The Tree Lighting Show will feature live music from the Atlanta Music Project Choir and Angelica Hale, patient at Children’s and runner-up on America’s Got Talent, and feature other local and international celebrities – including Santa Claus. Then, a patient from Children’s will light the 52-foot Christmas Tree to mark the official beginning of the holiday season. The tree, which will be located on the West Retail Roof above the soon-to-open Sunnies, will remain lit throughout the remainder of the holiday season.
Several events throughout Season on the Square will benefit Children’s, including Breakfast with Santa at Hotel Midtown (formerly The W Hotel at Colony Square), Smiles for the Season Breakfast with characters and crafts at 5Church at Colony Square, and proceeds from the Skate on the Square ice-skating rink ticket sales for Nov. 24, Dec. 15 and Jan. 5.