- Wear proper-fitting head gear at all times, especially during practice.
- Prevent skin conditions, passed by contact with mats and other wrestlers. Skin conditions, include:
- Ringworm, a fungal infection that appears as a ring-shaped, discolored patch on the skin
- Impetigo, a bacterial infection that looks like a blister
- Other skin conditions and infections
To minimize risk of disease:
- Mats should always be disinfected with a bleach solution or an equivalent anti-bacterial cleaner after practices and matches.
- Shower immediately after practices and matches.
- Clean head gear and knee pads regularly with a bleach solution or an equivalent anti-bacterial cleaner and always wear clean uniforms.
- Check your body every week for skin infections.