Court and Environmental Conditions
- Inspect the court for any spare equipment, garbage and debris.
- Provide access to fresh drinking water. Athletes should drink plenty of water or a sports drink both before and during practice and games. They should drink an additional six to eight ounces for every 20 minutes of play.
- Keep a well-stocked first aid kit and a charged cell phone on the sidelines.
- Check players to make sure they are wearing all required equipment during games.
- Choose volleyballs that are the appropriate size for the athlete’s age.
- Anchor volleyball nets to avoid tipping over and causing injury.
- Pad posts to protect players from serious injury.