Children's at North Druid Hills
Languages Spoken:English, Spanish
Education and Training
Doctor of Physical Therapy:
Bachelor of Arts, Behavioral Science:
American Physical Therapy Association
Roles and Responsibilities
- Rehabilitation of young athletes with safe return to sport and injury prevention of sports related injuries
- Professional growth through continuing education programs, focused on sports related injuries and the adolescent population
- Worked for 3 years as a physical therapist for professional dancers and actors on touring Broadway productions, including The Lion King: Broadway, Wicked: National Tour, Come Fly Away: Las Vegas, Fela! National Tour, Sleep No More (NYC), Traces (NYC), and War Horse: National Tour
- Worked multiple years at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, a large acute care pediatric hospital, including pediatric intensive care, transplants, orthopaedics, oncology, and neurology.
- Published in APTA Perspectives Magazine, “Doorways to Leadership”, Feb 2013.
- Published in The Journal of Comparative Neurology, Jan 2011, Volume 519, Issue 1, pages 21–33, Misdirection of regenerating axons and functional recovery following sciatic nerve injury in rats.
- Emory University Director’s Award for Academic Excellence, 2009
- Emory University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Award for Excellence in Leadership, 2009
- Pamela A. Catlin Award for Excellence in Critical Inquiry (Research) – Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Physical Therapy, 2009