Each year, the Strong Legs Run/walk brings runners from all over the state to raise funds for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. 2014 celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Strong Legs Run! We invite you to join the Sibley Strong Hearts team to benefit Children's Sibley Heart Center. Team entry fees and any additional funds raised will be designated to cardiac services at Children's Sibley Heart Center.
The 2014 Strong Legs Run/walk will be held at Turner Field on Saturday, November 1, 2014. The day will include something for everyone! The 10K road race, a qualifier for the 2015 Peachtree Road Race, will kick off the day at 8:00 am and the 5K run/walk will begin at 9:15 am. The Mascot Trot begins at 10:00 am, and the 2K Family Fun Run and Stroller Roll will begin at 10:15 am. Other child friendly races will be held throughout the morning at Turner Field. Strollers will be permitted during all races.
Patient families, physicians, staff and friends are invited to join the Sibley Strong Hearts team. We realize that many of you lead very busy lives or are not in the Metro Atlanta area. If you are unable to join us at the Strong Legs event, but would like to donate to our team, follow the directions below and register as a "fundraiser." You can encourage family, friends, and co-workers to make a general team donation online.
Other Details to Note:
- Our team fundraising goal is $30,000. If we raise $5,000 (not including entry fees) by October 20, the team will be awarded a tented space with pre/post race breakfast and access to indoor restrooms at the event.
- Our goal is to have at least 50 team members registered by October 6th so we can receive FREE team t-shirts. Team t-shirts will be short sleeve with the team logo on the back.
- All race participants who pay an entry fee will receive a long sleeve race t-shirt for their participation.
- Participants have the opportunity to qualify for valuable gift certificates to any place they would like based on their individual donation totals.
- Teams are eligible to win team awards for being creative, spirited, and for greatest number of team members. Most importantly, Children’s Sibley Heart Center will benefit directly from our efforts.
To sign up for the Sibley Strong Hearts team and get started with your fundraising efforts please follow the attached instructions to register online. If you are unable to register online, please contact Kati or Alison to request registration information.
For more information, please feel free to contact email@example.com or 404-785-1822. Thank you in advance and we look forward to seeing you on November 2nd!
Register for the SIBLEY STRONG HEARTS Team and Get Started:
1. Visit the Strong Legs home page www.choa.kintera.org/stronglegs
2. Click on the red “Register Here” button
3. Select “I agree” to the Waiver/Agreement
4. Select “Join a Team”
5. Scroll down to “Sibley Strong Hearts”
7. Click Continue
8. Create a Username and Password
9. Fill out your personal information
10. Select your level of participation (10k Runner, 5k Runner/Walker, Mascot Trot, Adult 2K, Youth 2K, VIP
Runner, Fundraiser, etc)
Note: Your entry fee will be included in the funds designated to benefit cardiac services at Children’s Sibley Heart Center.
11. Enter your T-shirt size
12. Start things off right by giving yourself a Donation
13. Set your personal Fundraising Goal, indicate how you heard about Strong Legs run, then click
14. Enter your payment information, then click Continue. You will receive a confirmation.
Once registered, you can log into your new account under “My HQ” and personalize your donation page.
Hint: Enter your personal message in the text box before loading a picture.
You can also send e-mails to friends and family asking them to join or support the Sibley Strong Hearts Team. To send out the e-mails, enter the person’s first name in the "Greeting" box and their e-mail address in the "Recipient E-Mail" box. Enter your personal message and send! You can send up to 30 e-mails at one time.
OR start your own team to benefit the SIBLEY HEART CENTER:
1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
2. Select “Start a Team”
3. Select “New Team Under Group”
4. Choose “Sibley Heart Center” from the drop-down menu
5. Choose your team name, set fundraising and recruiting goals, and click “continue” and follow the remaining instructions.
Team donations totaling $5,000 or more will receive a FREE 10x10 tented space with VIP treatment and access to indoor restrooms plus pre/post race breakfast in your tent. note: Team totals must reach this goal by October 20, 2014 to qualify. Team totals do not include entry fees.
Team donations totaling $2,000 or more will receive a FREE table at the event for use as a team gathering area. note: Team totals must reach this goal by October 20, 2014 to qualify. Team totals do not include entry fees.
Team T-shirts will be given to any team that registers at least 50 people by October 6, 2014. Team T-shirts will be short sleeve with the team logo on the back. note: Individual totals does not include entry fee. Everyone who pays an entry fee for the event receives the long sleeve race shirt. This team shirt is an extra shirt.